The Parent Corner Newsletter
October 2017 Volume 1 , Issue 1
Excerpts of Principal's Weekly Message
Get Involved Make A Difference:
One of the best ways to get involved at the Mott Hall School is to volunteer for the PTA (Parent Teacher Association) and or the SLT (School Leadership Committee). The PTA, SLT and its sub-committees need your input.
A special welcome to our incoming 2017-2018 Parent Teacher Association Executive Board:
- Christine Garcia-PTA President
- Ruth Perez-PTA Vice President
- Elizabeth Ramos-PTA Secretary
- George Ramirez- PTA Treasurer
The general meetings of the PTA are every third Wednesday of the month.
- 10/06 Coffee with the Principal 8:15 AM
- 10/08 New York Aquarium Family Science Day (ask for your free admission voucher)
- 10/08 Staten Island Zoo Family Science Day (ask for your free admission voucher)
- 10/09 Columbus Day (School Closed )
- 10/13 Faculty / Student Football game @ Riverbank Park
- 10/14 Bronx Zoo-Family Science Day (ask for your free admission voucher)
- 10/17 Coffee with the Principal 8:15 AM
- 10/17 Middle School Choice Fair(for District 6- 5th graders) @ IS 143
- 10/18 PTA Meeting 6:00 PM
- 10/21 American Museum of Natural History Family Science Day (ask for your free admission voucher)
- 10/22 New York Botanical Garden Family Science Day (ask for your free admission voucher)
- 10/22 New York Hall of Science Family Science Day (ask for your free admission voucher)
- 10/28 Brooklyn Botanic Garden Family Science Day (ask for your free admission voucher)
- 10/29 Queens Botanical Garden Family Science Day (ask for your free admission voucher
October Character Trait: Responsibility:
What does being responsible entail?
Being responsible means being dependable, keeping promises and honoring our commitments. It is accepting the consequences for what we say and do. It also means developing our potential.
People who are responsible don't make excuses for their actions or blame others when things go wrong. They think things through and use good judgment before they take action. They behave in ways that encourage others to trust them.
People who are responsible take charge of their lives. They make plans and set goals for nurturing their talents and skills. They are resilient in finding ways to overcome adversity. They make decisions, taking into account obligations to family and community.
Children need to learn that being part of a family and a community involves accepting responsibilities. When each of us acts responsibly, our families and communities will be stronger.
What You Can Do
- Make agreements with your child and expect him to follow through.
- When things go wrong, help your child take responsibility for her part and make a plan to do things differently next time.
- Encourage your child to find out more about the world and how his actions may affect others far away.
Welcome to the 2017-2018 Academic Year at the Mott Hall School !
My name is Evelyn M. Camacho-Moran, I am the Parent Coordinator. My office is on the first floor in Room 109, and my telephone number is 212-281-5028 ext. 1093. I share the office with the Parent Teacher Association, and I am very pleased to announce that Room 109 will be the location of our Welcome Center. Please feel free to contact me if need any assistance with Puilpath, or your NYC Account.