NYC Parent Survey-Please return your survey. Your voice is important
Dear Parents and Guardians,
We want to hear from you!
Each year, all parents, teachers, and students in grades 6-12 take the NYC School Survey to share feedback about their schools. The NYC School Survey provides schools with feedback to help foster supportive and rigorous classrooms.
You will receive your NYC School Survey in a green envelope brought home by your child. Please take a few minutes this weekend to fill out your survey. As an incentive the surveys are being distributed in homeroom. Additionally, the homerooms with their surveys returned will receive a Dress Down Day.
Evelyn Camacho-Moran, the Parent Coordinator is your liaison for the NYC School Survey. If you should require any assistance with the survey materials; as well as with completing your confidential NYC School Survey there will be a designated computer in room 109.
Last year, parent survey results, coupled with our school’s achievement gave our school positive ratings. We continue to be the highest achieving school in the district! With your continued support, we are expecting even greater results this year
In addition, it has come to our attention that many parents did not know that the school offered many different programs for our Scholars, both during the school day and after school. All programs sponsored by the school are free of charge. For your information and reference, we have the following special programs for our Scholars.
INTERVENTION PROGRAMS: These programs are designed to help children who are struggling or need special attention in school. Scholars are selected according to need. Some of the programs are offered for specific times of the year:
· Writing classes
· Team teaching model (6-8)
· After school tutoring and homework help
· Academic Intervention Services (for Scholars who may score a level 1 or 2 on the state tests)
· Saturday Test Prep Academy
· Reading and Math Intervention Program (iReady)
· Small group ESL
· Counseling Resources
· Peer Tutoring under the support of teacher
· Regents Class for 8th grade students in Science and Math
· SHSAT (Specialized HS Test Prep) for 7th Graders
SPECIAL ENRICHMENT PROGRAMS: (In order to provide a well-rounded educational experience for our Scholars, we have provided a variety of programs/enrichment classes throughout the grades targeting specific age-appropriate skills. Every Scholar on each grade receives the program described for the grade.
· 6th Grade Music, National Dance Institute (dance), and Art
· 7th Grade: Music, Art, Research and High School Prep Class and College Access
· 8th Grade: Service Learning, Art, Research and Theatre
We partner with SASF and offer our Scholars the following:
· Music Production
· Creative Arts
· Technology – Coding
· STEM Program – 3D Printing
· Character Building
· Homework Help and Academic Tutoring
Thank you in advance for your support and continued cooperation in making ‘Today’s Scholars, Tomorrow’s Leader!
Judith De Los Santos-Peña, Principal