MHS Cell Phone Policy
In order to maintain a focused, safe learning environment, The Mott Hall School has established the following guidelines for cell phone use by students:
- Cell phones may not be used by students at any time while in the building.
- Parents/families who wish to contact their student should do so by reaching out to our Main Office: (929)506-2695.
- Cell phones wil be collected during first period and are returned to students during Checkout.
If a student is seen using their device, the following steps will be taken:
- First time - Cell phone is taken away for the day and returned to the student after a conversation with our Dean/Admin.
- Second time - Cell phone is taken away and students receive a call home. Device is returned to the student at the end of the day.
- Third time - Cell phone is taken away and student parent/guardian must come to the school for a meeting and to collect their cell phone.
To learn more about NYC Department of Education policies, see Chancellor's Regulation #A-413.